Reports for Exchange
- Support of Office 365, hybrid and on-premises environments
- More than 80 report templates in total with multiple options.
- Traffic and content reports down to the message level.
- Call-Center reports with response time and action analysis.
- Information store size reports.
- Outlook Web Access and ActiveSync reports.
- Easy to install and configure, a standard workstation is all you need.
- Supports all versions of Exchange server including Office 365.
Promodag Reports for Exchange Overview
Simply put, PROMODAG Reports for Exchange provides you with control of your Exchange-based messaging systems. Its comprehensive and versatile range of traffic analysis, message tracking and planning tools simplify and automate the process of managing email usage, ensuring compliance and optimizing the performance of mission-critical email systems.
Get Control and Ensure Compliance
- Check compliance with organizational policies.
- Find out how, when and by whom the system is used or misused.
- Mailbox traffic reports let you see in detail who your users are corresponding with, and the kind of messages they exchange. Mailboxes can be grouped by Active Directory attributes such as server, department, manager, permissions, response times, etc.
- Outlook Web Access reports show who is using web mail and when.
Plan For and Avoid Unnecessary Upgrades
- Plan development based on a reliable understanding of electronic mail usage and needs.
- Optimize system configuration and design in response to changing traffic patterns.
- Storage reports show you how your storage capacity is used and how it changes over time including public folders analysis.
- Mailbox content analysis reports reveal what users are storing in their mailbox, e.g. attachments. You can group items by age to point out what could be archived.
- Public folders reports let you get a clear picture of who uses them, when and for what purpose including replica analysis.
- Traffic statistics reports produce graphs showing traffic breakdown by days, hours, size of messages or number of recipients.
- Server traffic reports display the type of traffic processed by servers.
Manage Your E-Mail Systems and Report on SLAs
- Set up reports that illustrate your Service Level Agreement criteria.
- Monitor email response times and agent actions.
- Delivery reports calculate internal message delivery times.
Chargeback, Billing and More
- Chargeback system usage based on email traffic or storage size.
- Billing reports allow chargeback based on mailbox storage size or message traffic for mailboxes grouped by server, department, etc...
Adapt to Meet Your Exchange Server Reporting Requirements
- Reports are in tabular or graphical format with a range of useful configuration options to suit specific information requirements.
- Reports can be exported to different formats: HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV, RTF, MHT.
- Reports can be sent by email, published in a public folder, a Web site or to a SharePoint document library.
- Individual mailbox reports can be automatically sent to the user or manager.
- Reports options can be saved for instant access using the Favorites menu.
- Mailboxes can be selected based on various Active Directory attributes (server, OU, department...).
- The reporting period can be restricted to specific days or business hours.
- Data collection, report generation, export and publication can be automated and scheduled.
- The data repository can be an Access or SQL Server database.
How does it work
PROMODAG Reports for Exchange Server installs in minutes and is quick to configure. The product uses native Exchange server data sources so there is absolutely nothing to install on the server. Administrators can choose from over 80 ready-made reports and publish them to various destinations in different formats. All operations can be easily automated and scheduled so you can set up the product and forget about it.
International language support
The product is available in English, German and French. Reports can also be generated in Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese. Software requirements.
PROMODAG Reports for Exchange Server is licensed per analyzed Exchange server. It is available in three editions to meet the needs of all Exchange Server organizations. See which one best fits your configuration.
This is the list of the main features classified by category and edition. The 45-day evaluation version's only limitation is that it can only report on a period of 15 consecutive days.
|Various graphical reports including histograms, 3-D charts, line charts, pie charts.||X||X||X|
|Mailbox traffic reports show in detail with whom your users are corresponding.||X||X||X|
|Mailboxes can be selected based on various Active Directory attributes (server, OU, department...).||X||X||X|
|Traffic and content reports drill down to the message level.||X||X||X|
|Traffic statistics reports produce graphs showing traffic breakdown by days, hours, size of messages or number of recipients.||X||X||X|
|Storage reports show you how your storage capacity is used and how it changes over time.||X||X||X|
|Mailbox content analysis reports reveal what users are storing in their mailbox, e.g. attachments.||X||X||X|
|Mailbox content reports include keyword search feature.||X||X||X|
|You can group items by age to point out what could be archived.||X||X||X|
|Public folders reports show a clear picture of who uses them, when and for what purpose.||X||X||X|
|Server traffic reports display the type of traffic processed by servers.||X||X||X|
|Reports on Outlook Web Access.||X||X||X|
|Reports on ActiveSync activity.||X||X||X|
|Reports on connector flow.||n/a1||X||X|
|Reports on replication traffic.||n/a1||X||X|
|Delivery reports help you measure your service level agreement by calculating internal message delivery time.||X||X||X|
|Billing reports allow chargeback based on mailbox storage size or message traffic.||X||X||X|
|Getting Started Wizard.||X||X||X|
|Report tree navigation with tooltip. Custom styles for reports.||X||X||X|
|Reports can be automatically exported to different formats: HTML, PDF, XLS, CSV, RTF, MHT.||X||X||X|
|Reports can be automatically sent by email.||X||X||X|
|Reports and notifications can be send with MAPI or SMTP.||X||X||X|
|Reports can be automatically published in a public folder, a Web site or to a SharePoint document library.||X||X||X|
|Data collection, report generation, export and publication may be automated and scheduled.||X||X||X|
|Individual mailbox reports can be automatically sent to the user or manager.||X||X||X|
|Report options can be saved for instant access using the Favorites menu.||X||X||X|
|Selections of mailboxes, servers, filters, partners can be saved separately and re-used in reports.||X||X||X|
|Reporting period can be restricted to specific days or business hours.||X||X||X|
|Time-zone specific reporting.||X||X||X|
|Daylight Saving Time is taken into account when importing tracking files.||X||X||X|
|Interface is available in English, German and French.||X||X||X|
|Reports can be generated in Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Portuguese.||X||X||X|
|The software can analyze more than 1 server.||n/a||X||X|
|The software can be installed on several workstations.||n/a||X||X|
|The software is licensed per analyzed server.||n/a||X||X|
|Import Exchange settings directly from Active Directory.||X||X||X|
|Send trace file by email.||X||X||X|
|Console activity history.||X||X||X|
|The account used to collect data can be impersonated.||X||X||X|
|Standard Windows scheduler for automation.||X||X||X|
|Works with all versions of Exchange Server including 2013.||X||X||X|
|Use native Exchange server data sources.||X||X||X|
|Low-impact log processing.||X||X||X|
|Compressed Log files after data processing.||X||X||X|
|Distributed log collection.||X||X||X|
|No IIS server needed.||X||X||X|
|Access database option (limited to 2 GB)2.||X||X||X|
|SQL Server database option (2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005).||n/a||n/a||X|
|Tracking of a virtually unlimited number of messages and IIS-related events in an SQL database.||n/a||n/a||X|
|Multiple databases support.||X||X||X|
|Can be installed on a workstation.||X||X||X|
|Implementation in Microsoft .Net.||X||X||X|
1 Standard edition is for one server organization so replication and connector reporting are not applicable.
2 Microsoft have set the maximum size of an Access database to 2 GB.
List of reports templates
This is the list of all report templates included in Promodag Reports version 10, sorted by category.
|Public Folder Traffic||View public folders traffic individually or grouped.|
|General Public Folder Traffic||A report that displays the count and size of messages sent and/or received by selected public folders during a given period.|
What's New in This Version
Promodag Reports v.10 is now available with the long-awaited support for Office 365 (Exchange Online) fully implemented. It remains compatible with all other existing on-premises versions of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Support of Office 365, hybrid and on-premise environments
- A new report engine: nicer graphs and better looking layouts
- A revamped interface
- A new dashboard has been placed in the main windows to provide a high-level overview of mailbox traffic and storage.
- Storage size reports are now based on imported data. This improvement significantly speeds up the generation of reports in large organizations and Office 365 environments
- Hourly imports of IIS log files
- Added support for Excel 2007 format and exporting to a database table
New and Significantly Enhanced Reports
- Public Folders Storage Information: displays the size growth of public folders across a given time interval (days, weeks, months...)
- Database Size Growth: The report now displays the growth of both EDB and Exchange transaction log files across a given interval; it includes a trendline.
- Database Size Comparison: The report now displays pie charts comparing the average sizes of Exchange databases side-by-side.
- Message Attachments: The report now also displays message subject lines above the attachments list.
Many Other Report Improvements
- The layout of reports has been redesigned with new graphical layouts.
- The filtering options in reports have been entirely redesigned to allow for enhanced flexibility.
- DAGs are now taken into account in reports: it is possible to select and group recipients by DAG.
- It is now possible to choose between a curve and a histogram for most graphical reports showing a trend, for example OWA Usage Growth and Server Traffic Growth.
- The Task Automation option has been thoroughly redesigned: it is now possible to manage both batch files and the related scheduled tasks from one single window.
- The Directory import usually performed prior to any message tracking file import is now optional if it has already been carried out less than 1 hour ago.
Promodag Reports is licensed for one Exchange organization, on a cost-effective per analyzed server basis. A license is established for at least one Exchange server and one console (administration workstation).
As an example, if two administrators intend to use Promodag Reports on their workstations to analyze 10 Exchange servers, you will need a 10 servers and 2 consoles pack license.
Promodag Reports is available in 3 editions designed to meet the needs of different organizations, from a small enterprise with a single server to a global enterprise with multiple servers. See a complete list of features by edition.
Any one of these editions can be tested using the evaluation version, downloadable from this website. Once Promodag Reports is installed, you can choose to test a particular edition in the registration screen.
- Standard for single-server organizations using Microsoft Access database as the data repository.
- Professional for single-server organizations using Microsoft Access database as the data repository.
- Enterprise for multi-server organizations. In this edition, the data repository is a Microsoft SQL Server database.
Note For organizations with more than 10 servers, we recommend using the Enterprise edition, since the size of an Access database is limited to 2 GB of data.
The initial Promodag Reports license comes with a one-year maintenance plan, which entitles you to free e-mail and phone technical support, updates and upgrades to new versions for 12 months. Thereafter ongoing maintenance including upgrades is subject to an annual maintenance fee.
- A 2 GHz Intel Pentium Processor.
- 1 GB of system memory.
- Sufficient disk space to store the database.
- One of the following operating systems (32 or 64-bit):
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Vista SP2
- Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Messaging API (MAPI) client libraries included with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI client and CDO 1.2.1
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 (32-bit version only)
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 (32-bit version only)
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- Windows Management Framework Core package.
Optional SQL Server requirements for Enterprise edition
One of the following Microsoft SQL Server versions (32 or 64-bit)
- 2008 R2
SQL Server Express (2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005) may also be used.
Microsoft Exchange Server requirements
Supported versions (32 or 64-bit) of Microsoft Exchange server are:
There is nothing to install on the Exchange Server, nor is there anything to change in the Exchange organization.
Promodag Reports must be installed on a workstation and not on a Microsoft Exchange server.
Interface and configuration
|Report displayed on screen
||Graphical report (pie chart)
||Graphical report (histogram)
||Bookmark reports options as favorites
|Server import options
||Purge data imports
||Schedule actions and reports
||Run multiple reports
|Configure messages tracking files import
||Importing messages tracking file
||Configure IIS log files import
||Configure storage size import
|Select report types
||Servers for traffic reports
||Servers for storage reports
||Server for Web Access reports