Improved operation reports and trace files in version 10.3
In version 10.3 we did a lot of work to simplify and standardize the operation reports. This allows the user to better understand what has happened, and to ensure that scheduled operations have worked well.
A brief summary on screen and by email
Whether you launch an import operation interactively or via an automated task, you will get the same summary on screen or by email. This report includes, for all available operations:
- The name of the operation
- Its status (OK if everything went fine, Warning to report non-blocking events or Error if an issue occurred).
- The start and end dates for scheduled operations
- The duration of the action
- The result of the action with a summary of what has been done
- In case of a warning or an error, a comment quoting the first event of that type.
Example of an operation report on screen.
In operation reports by email, actions in warning are highlighted in orange while those in error are in red.
In the event of an error, it is recommended to open the attached trace file and read it to find out in detail what happened.
The alert configuration screen has been simplified
The alert configuration screen has been simplified to integrate both the email settings and the alert settings.
- To use an SMTP configuration that does not depend on an Outlook MAPI profile and would work both in the On-Premises and Office 365 environments.
- To configure notifications to 'Always' with a level of detail set to 'Errors & Warnings'.
Trace files are shorter and simpler
Trace files are more concise and only contain what is necessary for checking on the correct functioning of the product. Some information is now only available in the 'Debug' detail level.