How to manually purge data from your database
- Select the Exchange servers that generated the records you would like to purge,
- "Push" them to the right pane,
- Set the start and end dates of the purge,
- Click OK to start the process. It can take some time depending on the quantity of data to purge.
Traffic events imported from message tracking files, and events imported from IIS log files generally take the most space.
If you use a SQL database, we recommend to purge periods not exceeding 2 weeks at the beginning, and to compact the database between each period. Purging larger period can increase the SQL database transaction log size drastically.
- How to reduce the size of your SQL database
- I am using an Access database and I receive various 'Invalid argument' error messages when attempting to import data or run any report
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days