How to move Promodag Reports onto a new console
What is the procedure to move your application onto a new console?
The procedure to move Promodag Reports from a computer to another one is pretty straightforward:
1. On the first computer,
- Save the content of the C:\Users\Public\Documents\Promodag\Reports\12\Batches and \Selections folders as well as the configuration file (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Promodag\Reports\12\Repex.pri) on a public share, or a USB key; if you use a local Access or LocalDB database, make a backup.
- Uninstall Promodag Reports and delete the existing scheduled tasks.
2. On the new computer,
- Install the latest release of Promodag Reports;
- Move the local database (if applicable) from the old workstation to the new one in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Promodag\Reports\Databases;
- Move the Promodag\Reports\12\Batches and \Selections folders and the configuration file you copied from the old workstation to the new one;
- Start Promodag Reports;
- Reconnect the SQL database or open the local database;
- Recreate the scheduled tasks using the Tools > Task Automation option;
- Go to File > Import Message Tracking Data and re-select your Exchange servers for data import. It will assign them to the new console.
- Go to File > Import IIS Data and repeat that operation (if applicable);
- Go to File > Import Storage Size Data and repeat that operation (if applicable).
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days