Why does the "No data could be found..." message display ?
- Most common cause:
- Reports mail traffic are based on Exchange message tracking files (also called "tracking logs") previously imported into the database.
- Reports on OWA and ActiveSync activity are based on Internet Information Services logs (also called "IIS log files") previously imported into the database.
- Reports on Exchange-related directory objects are likewise based on the information retrieved during directory import.
- Reports on storage size evolution are based on data gathered on a regular basis into the database. Exchange does not keep any history of mailbox, public folder or information store size: it is impossible to reimport storage size data to cover past periods.
- On the other hand, dynamic reports on storage, on content or on size directly take their information from Exchange through a dynamic MAPI or PowerShell connection.
The consequence of this mechanism is that you must have imported data covering your reporting period before running your report, otherwise you will systematically get this "No data..." warning. The start and end dates of your imports can be verified in the File > Database Properties window.
If you are evaluating the product, please note that data import is limited to 15 consecutive days of message tracking files and IIS log. As a result, you will only be able to report on those 15 days.
The solution to this frequent issue is to import missing data using the Import Message Tracking Data or Import IIS Data options, under the File menu. It is impossible to reimport storage size data to cover past periods. If you evaluate Promodag Reports and already reached the 15-day limit, simply clear existing data using the Tools > Purge IIS Data and Purge Message Tracking Data or create a new database to import another 15-day period.
- Other possible causes:
- Your options. Have you set a very narrow filter, or make a restrictive correspondents selection? Remove it and try again.
- Where you imported data from: message tracking files should be imported from your Hub Transport servers (Exchange 2010) or your Mailbox servers (Exchange 2013-2016). IIS log files should be imported from your CAS servers (Exchange 2010-2013) or your Mailbox servers (Exchange 2016).
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days