Configure certificate-based authentication to Office 365
The Certificate authentication configuration method has changed as of version 14.0.0101.
Please follow these steps:
- Make sure you run the latest version of Promodag Reports. Beginning with version 14.0.0101, we provide a script to publish an application in Azure AD and a certificate in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Promodag\Reports\: CreateRepexApp.ps1
Note: This script only works with versions of PowerShell delivered with Windows 10/Windows Server 2016 and later.
- Run Windows PowerShell as administrator in that folder and install the AzureAD PowerShell module: Install-Module AzureAD -Scope CurrentUser
Then run the script to create the certificate and the application: .\CreateRepexApp.ps1
Input a password of your choice when prompted:
- Once the certificate and the app have been created, open the RepexAppCreation.log file generated in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Promodag\Reports\ and paste the link indicated at the bottom of the file to proceed with the admin consent in Azure:
- Now, assign the Global Reader role to the new application in Azure AD.
- Enter the Application Id, path to the certificate file, certificate password in Promodag Reports.
Since you have no public folder, you can safely ignore the "Public folder access" mailbox field.
Related article: How to assign the Global Reader role to the Promodag app in Azure AD.
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days