Support of modern authentication with Office 365
Microsoft announced that Basic Authentication will be turned off in Exchange Online for Exchange ActiveSync (EAS), POP, IMAP, and Remote PowerShell starting October 13, 2020 (September 2021 Update: October 1, 2022). This is why we have started to implement Modern Authentication in Promodag Reports for those of our customers who are already using Office 365. This feature allows for the moment to import the directory, create Office 365 tracking logs and import the storage size. The case of content reports will be dealt with at a later stage.
Install the required components
To enable support of modern authentication with Office 356, you will need to install the Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module on the Promodag console.
Here's how to do it:
- On the Promodag console, run Windows PowerShell as Administrator.
- Enter this command: Install-Module PowershellGet -Force
- Quit Window PowerShell to close the session.
- Restart Window PowerShell as Administrator and enter the following commands:
- Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned. Click Y to accept to change the execution policy.
- Install-Module -Name ExchangeOnlineManagement. Click Y to validate the repository and then to accept the license terms.
Connect to Office 365
Once the module has been installed, start Promodag Reports in 64-bit mode. Please note that it is incompatible with the use of an Access database. Open the Tools > Options window and make sure it is listed in the Office 365 configuration tab.
This is another significant enhancement to our reporting tool, which we continue to improve to keep pace with the technological evolution of Exchange Online. Other new features are currently under development. Stay tuned!
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days