Exchange compliance, auditing and security
Overlaying governance protocols (SOX, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA) requires the implementation of often complex compliance measures and detailed reporting on messaging use. Promodag Reports for Exchange enables you to respond to requests from IT security and Human Resources managers and to implement a dynamic and proactive security policy. Go beyond the limitations of Microsoft’s built-in Exchange reporting tools and easily:
- Search for messages by keywords, size, date, sender, and recipient, including the current content of mailboxes.
- Protect your organization from data leaks to unwanted recipients.
- Detect unscrupulous users who divert email for personal use.
- Check the compliance of messages with GDPR and the governance rules of the company and provide on-going scheduled compliance reports.
- Report on and analyze the permissions granted on mailboxes, their folders and delegate access.
- View details of messages exchanged and the correspondents of your users.
Digital Detox - Audit Right to Disconnect
Promodag Reports is particularly suitable for monitoring observance of the "Right to Disconnect" charter within your company, which enshrines employees’ right to disconnect from digital communications outside of regular hours. It reports on the indicators you need to respond quickly and accurately to the demands of Human Resources and business management in the context of the development of telecommuting.
- Generate messaging usage reports by time of day and by day of the week.
- Analyze email traffic for employees, especially teleworkers, during or outside customizable work schedules.
- Set different holiday or schedule calendars and associate them with a particular group of users.
- Manage different time zones depending on the geographic location of your users.
- Exclude automatic messages, such as out-of-office messages, from traffic.
- Anonymize reports that display user names.
Prepare your Office 365 Migration
You plan to migrate your local Exchange Server configuration to the cloud-based Office 365 and would like to have metrics that allow you to estimate the cost of your future licenses and the amount of data you want to transfer. It is also a great opportunity to undertake compliance checking and digital cleaning by flushing out some of the messages accumulated over the years in the mailboxes of your users.
- Take inventory of your mail resources before and after the migration for control purposes.
- List stale mailboxes, distribution groups, public folders, and mail contacts and delete or archive as necessary.
- Estimate the number and size of mailboxes and public folders to migrate.
- Determine the volume and number of messages to be archived or deleted by viewing their distribution by age or size.
- Tell your users how much and how many messages they keep in their trash or junk folder.
- During migration to the Cloud, ensure full chain of custody, logging and reporting to meet current compliance requirements.
- Continue using the same reporting tool after migration, and keep your old data.
- Report on hybrid Exchange and Cloud deployments in the same way.
Exchange Server Traffic Analysis
Many messages pass through your Exchange Server system, but you do not know where they come from, where they are going, and even how many of them there are. Promodag Reports allows you to not only produce scheduled summary reports that can be used in a dashboard, but also to display details of sent and received messages. With our comprehensive Exchange reporting solution, you can deduce trends in your email traffic and adapt to your evolving requirements.
- Break down the total volume of your traffic between internal and external messages.
- Schedule reports to observe the growth of your traffic over a period by grouping volumes by day, month, quarter and quickly detect any anomalies.
- Show the breakdown of messages by size, number of recipients, time of day, day, month, etc.
- Count users based on their daily traffic levels.
- Group users by Department, Manager... to calculate, analyze and compare the traffic of these groups.
- Determine the largest consumers of email.
- Distinguish user traffic from that of their mailbox delegates.
Manage and Archive Data
Having an overview of existing data is a prerequisite for any clean-up, optimization, migration, backup or archiving of your system. By doing this on a scheduled basis you can streamline the use of your resources and save storage space.
- Analyze the size of Exchange databases and their evolution.
- View the breakdown of databases and mailboxes within each server or DAG.
- Measure the number, the space used, and the breakdown by server of the replicas of your public folders.
- Gather the sizes of your mailboxes, monitor their evolution and detect anomalies.
- Audit and report on the breakdown of Outlook items by folder or by age.
- Estimate the size of attachments and break them down by type.
And that's not all
In addition to the major themes mentioned above, Promodag Reports offers many other reports that provide great daily value.
- Export user lists with a selection of target attributes to meet the demand of the Human Resources department.
- Monitor response times and actions performed on customer service messages.
- Determine if old email addresses are still used, and by whom.
- List all of your distribution groups with their members and the date they were last used.
- Measure the usage of OWA or ActiveSync and list the mobile devices used.
- Calculate the delivery time of internal messages to verify compliance with your service commitments.
- Charge the system usage internally based on the message traffic or storage size consumed.
It only takes a couple of minutes to install and configure Promodag Reports. The product uses native Exchange data sources; it is not necessary to install anything on your Exchange servers. Data gathering as well as report generation and distribution can be easily automated.
- More than 80 ready-to-use report templates with many options.
- Support for Exchange Server, Exchange Online (Office 365) and hybrid environments.
- Interface in French, English and German.
- Export reports in different formats: PDF, CSV, XLS, HTML, RTF, MHT.
- Reports can be emailed to the user or his manager, published to a public folder, a website or SharePoint.
- Ability to save report options as favorites.
- Mailboxes can be selected and grouped by Active Directory attribute: Service, Manager, Organizational Unit ...
- Choose between using a SQL LocalDB or SQL Server database.
- Traffic and content reports at the message level.
- Reports for call centers with response time and details of the last action performed.
- Reports on the evolution of the size of Exchange databases.
- Reports on Outlook Web Access and ActiveSync show who uses webmail, and when.
- Ability to restrict the reporting period to specific days or business hours.
To go further
Trying Promodag Reports is very simple:
- Download a free, fully functional trial version and install it on your own Exchange Server or in your Office 365 environment. A Quick Start Guide will help you through the setup process.
- If you do not have the time or the opportunity to immediately use Promodag Reports, do not hesitate to ask for a demonstration with one of our experts.
Feel free to contact our support for any questions about configuration, product usage, or the availability of a report you are looking for.
Try Promodag Reports Free for 45 Days